Edmonton is a thriving centre for business, enjoying the most diverse economy in Canada. With world class research and development facilities, a presence of highly skilled and experienced professionals and a history of success in technology including biotechnology, telecommunications, software, agriculture and energy, Edmonton is well-positioned for explosive technology innovation and growth.
Edmonton is the capital of the province of Alberta, the second largest metro area west of Toronto and the sixth largest city in Canada. Vibrant and growing, greater Edmonton's population is approximately 1,035,000.
- Alberta has one of the best education (Kindergarten to Grade 12) systems in the world with outstanding teachers, a centralized high quality curriculum, outstanding learning and teaching resources and an effective standardized testing program. The success of this learning system is reflected in the success of students, who consistently perform well on provincial, national and international tests.
- The University of Alberta is one of the best universities in Canada based on excellence in teaching and research, services and athletics.
- To experience the Rocky Mountains, Edmonton is only a few hours drive to Banff or Jasper.
- Edmonton is Canada's Festival City featuring the Works Art & Design Festival, Edmonton International Jazz Festival, Heritage Days Festival, Edmonton Folk Music Festival and North America's largest alternative theatre event, the Edmonton International Fringe Festival.
- Due to its strong support and long history of successful professional and amateur sports teams, Edmonton is also known as the City of Champions.
To Learn More about Edmonton: